A powerful thing happened at church Sunday, God knit together Psalm 16 and a beautiful testimony from my friend Austin. He shared a power experience he recently had with God. It was so amazing because God had given me Psalm 16 for my sermon just a couple days before and it couldn't have been a more perfect fit. I know this will encourage you and even give you insight into how to overcome those areas you've been struggling.
- Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
- I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”
- I say of the holy people who are in the land, “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
- Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips.
- Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
- The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
- I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart (innermost being) instructs me.
- I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
- because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
- You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.