#4 in Move Forward
LISTEN TO AUDIO
We all want to "do more" for God but we're not sure what to do or how to do it. Too often the church defines your calling by some performance based construct relating to ability or skill. It's good to apply our abilities and skills to ministry but a calling is better defined by love.
This makes the most sense in light of the commandments of Jesus; Love God with all your heart strength & soul AND love your neighbor as yourself. When you couple those commandments with his commission to make disciples, it follows that we are to make disciples through keeping his commandments.
This is where we get to be creative, we get to naturally express our love for others and watch God flow through us in unique and creative ways. The expression of your calling, motivated by love, might mean that you DO something similar to other folks BUT because it's a natural expression of YOUR passion for a people group, it's a unique ministry for you.
How do you determine the WHO?
- Who do you think about most often?
- Who do you feel compassion for?
- Who is important to you?
- Where do you see injustice in the world?
- Do you have the opportunity to influence people in the area of your personal testimony?
There are a number of questions you can ask yourself to come to a conclusion, just make sure once you determine the WHO you begin to make a plan to fulfill the WHAT and the HOW. We'll be talking about this more in the upcoming weeks.
As a reminder of how serious God takes our expected expression of love, review 1 John.
Read 1 John here: http://biblehub.com/niv/1_john/1.htm
- Read 1 Corinthians 13 as a reminder of some practical aspects of love: http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/13.htm
- Read 1 John
- Answer the question: What would you do if money were no object and you had no other excuses or limiting factors (DREAM BIG)?
- Answer the question: Who do you love?
If money were no object and you had no other limiting factors, what would you do? Once you answer this, is there anyway to take small steps toward that passion now? Get creative and support one another as they express their ideas.
Who do you love? Is there a particular people group or demographic that stirs your passion? Listen to others as they share and think of ways to either work together or encourage one another.
LET US HEAR ABOUT YOUR PASSION IN THE COMMENTS BELOW