Dr. Jim Richards ministers at Forward Church in Sharpsburg, GA on his book, How to Stop the Pain. This book has been setting people free from offenses and unforgiveness for nearly 20 years. This paradigm-changing book is a must-read for people who are stuck in the pain of the past, you can end the suffering.
Did you know there were over 300 prophecies about his birth ranging from 3500 years to 50 years before his birth? If just 8 of those prophecies came true it would be statistically impossible; 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. The odds of all 300 prophecies coming true about him would be impossible to calculate.
There is actually more written about Jesus by his contemporaries than Alexander the Great. The earliest writing of Jesus was within 5 years of his death. The earliest writing of Alexander was 400 years after his death. Though people do not question the existence of Alexander, they do question the existence of Jesus. It’s not because of the lack of evidence, it’s because of who he claimed to be.
A powerful thing happened at church Sunday, God knit together Psalm 16 and a beautiful testimony from my friend Austin. He shared a power experience he recently had with God. It was so amazing because God had given me Psalm 16 for my sermon just a couple days before and it couldn't have been a more perfect fit. I know this will encourage you and even give you insight into how to overcome those areas you've been struggling.
- Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
- I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”
- I say of the holy people who are in the land, “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
- Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips.
- Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
- The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
- I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart (innermost being) instructs me.
- I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
- because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
- You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Have you ever been confused by communion? Have you ever finished communion feeling worse about yourself? In this Forward Moment of communion, you learn that communion is a celebration that is focused entirely on what Jesus has done for you. Communion was never meant to make the believer feel condemned and unworthy but to serve as a reminder of Jesus' redemptive work.
Why is it that when you try to move forward it seems like you are pulled backward? Have you experienced this? Maybe you've decided to improve your health or financial situation only to face a challenge that makes it worse. Or you have decided to overcome a repetitive sin habit only to continue to give in. Why? And what can you do about it?
#4 IN MOVE FORWARD
We all want to "do more" for God but we're not sure what to do or how to do it. Too often the church defines your calling by some performance based construct relating to ability or skill. It's goos to apply our abilities and skills to ministry but a calling is better defined by love.
Includes Sermon Notes and Life Group discussion guide.
How can we say that, you might ask. We confidently proclaim that God is not mad at you because he said so himself in Isaiah 54:9; "So have I sworn That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you." As a result of the substitutional and sacrificial work of Christ described in Isaiah 53, God makes incredible promises, one of which is that he is no longer angry because the Messiah exhausted the wrath of God toward sin. Read more for several scripture references.